Approximately one in three online US consumers have performed one of several mobile shopping research activities in the past three months, according to a study from the e-tailing group and PowerReviews.
Data from “The 2011 Social Shopping Study” indicates that a leading 33% of online consumers have both checked for sales and specials and looked up store information such as hours, location and maps via mobile device in the past three months.
Other Top Line Findings for Product Researching include:
- Consumers invest greater time researching but shoppers are on a mission to find the best price
- Search engines serve as the shopping point-of-origin when researching product
- Customer reviews continue to wield the greatest influence on buying behavior
- Google Shopping features see strong early adoption
- Mobile usage relative to shopping is mostly centered on competitive pricing
Download the full report from here.