Here is a great infographic from queaar.com showing the growth of QR codes. As QR code reader apps are added as standard with every mobile (or are available for free download across all app stores) these will increasingly enable last mile digital connectivity to advertising and marketing content.
Here are a few highlights from this infographic:
- QR code uptake has increased 4589% from early 2010 to early 2011
- 56% of QR codes appear on product packaging
- The majority of users expect to receive a coupon or deal from scanning a QR code
- 11 out of 50 Fortune companies are incorporating QR codes into their marketing strategy
- 68% of QR codes are scanned via an iPhone
Please view the full infographic on the Queaar Blog (do a quick search of the title)
There are a number of opportunities for QR Code integration by brands within platforms like AaramShop, that enable brands to make themselves more easily accessible to the consumers. Read about these opportunities here.