Social business has become a buzz phrase in the United States, and marketers in Asia working for a U.S.-headquartered corporation can expect to hear more about it in the Year of the Dragon. Marketers need to have a viewpoint on social business because many customers will gravitate toward companies that take a whole-of-business approach to better communication and collaboration.
• Growing demand from both consumers and employees for a level of communication and interaction that matches their favorite online and mobile experiences.
• The availability and affordability of social tools and platforms that enable a whole business to better communication – both internally and with customers.
• The rise of a new mindset and approach: planning for social media and collaborative tools from a whole-of-business perspective across multiple touch points (and not just from a marketing perspective).
• Secure cross-functional buy-in.
• Identify your company’s social business objectives.
• Identify both long-term game changers and early win opportunities.