Accenture has identified six technology trends that will influence consumer packaged goods over the next three to five years:
1. Context-based services : Where you are and what you are doing will drive the next wave of digital services.
2. Converging data architectures : Re-balancing the data architecture portfolio and blending the structured with the unstructured are key to turning data into new streams of value.
3. Industrialized data services : The ability to share data will make it more valuable— but only if it is managed differently than in the past.
4. Social-driven IT : Realize that social is not just a bolt-on marketing channel. It will have true business-wide impact.
5. PaaS-enabled agility : The maturing platform-as-a-service (PaaS) market will shift the emphasis from cost-cutting to business innovation, supporting rapid evolution for business processes that need continual change.
6. Orchestrated analytical security : Organizations will have to accept that their gates will be breached and begin preparing their second line of defense—data platforms—to mitigate the damage caused by attacks that get through.