When you think of in-store marketing, the first things that come to mind might be displays or cardboard shelf talkers. But digital, and most specifically mobile, are changing the face of shopper marketing every day.
Mobile phone applications have already had dramatic effects on retail shopping, and their impacts are really only beginning. The stats on mobile and retail are staggering:
- 66 percent of smartphone users use their phones as shopping aids. (Leo J Shapiro and Assoc, 2012)
- 59 percent use their smartphones to compare prices. (Deloitte, 2011)
- 47 percent leverage local search to find retailers. (e-tailing group, 2012)
- 47 percent use their phones to get product information. (Leo J Shapiro and Assoc, 2012)
- 18 percent have redeemed a mobile coupon in the past 90 days. (JiWire, 2012)