The Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) has revealed that 76% of the top 50 UK technology and telecoms brands have a mobile optimised site, however 6% have no mobile presence whatsoever.
The audit in July 2014 was carried out across the top 50 technology and telecom brands spending the most on advertising in the UK.
Mobile friendly sites, mobile search optimisation and apps were surveyed.
- 62% of the technology and telecom brands had a mobile site and an app.
- 80% of the brands had an app, with brands favouring developing for the Google Play store over the Apple App store (72% Google Play mobile app, 58% App store mobile app).
- 6% of the top 50 had no mobile presence.
- 38% of the brands were optimising their paid search for mobile..
- ..47% of those were optimising their search with click-to-call.
O2, Sky, EE, Three, ADT and HP all performed well across the criteria.