A survey from Starcom MediaVest and Mumsnet into mums’ supermarket shopping habits reveals erosion of loyalty. 1,000 Mumsnet users were surveyed - here are the results:
- 10% of mums claim to have swapped from the ‘Big Four’ in last six months in favour of discount supermarkets.
- Half of mums top up shopping at least twice a week .
- Mums now shop at an average of three supermarkets a week for their main shop.
- 30% of mums surveyed now regularly do a main shop at Aldi.
- 33% of mums claim to have switched supermarkets in the last six months, stating lower prices, better products and a better in-store experience being the top reasons for switching.
- 24% of respondents who earn between £50-69,000 and 21% who earn £70-99,000 shop at Aldi. 22% of respondents also within the £70-99,000 salary bracket shop at Lidl.
- A third of M&S and Waitrose shoppers topped up at least three times a week, in comparison to just under a quarter of Aldi shoppers doing the same.