Highlights of the study include:
- While all age groups are embracing online grocery, buyers in the 25-34 age groups (37 percent) have the greatest percentage of shoppers who say they have bought groceries online.
- Online shoppers use both websites and apps to shop for groceries.
- Many customers say they still avoid online grocery because they think the costs are higher.
- Nearly two-thirds of survey respondents say they would shop more online if they were offered convenient checkout and could quickly reorder items.
- Nearly two-thirds of survey respondents say they would buy more groceries online if they could guarantee the quality and freshness of products.