Managing rising ingredient costs and the costs of complying with legislative changes will be key to success for FMCG companies over the next five years. Concerns surrounding lifestyle diseases and pollution are increasing among consumers, which stands as an opportunity for companies to maneuver their product positioning strategies for 2021. Furthermore, the majority of executives agree that fresh, natural, and pure marketing claims will remain tried and tested methods for attracting customers.
- Over the next five years, 50% of respondents expect new legislation and regulations will have a moderate impact on their business
- Lifestyle diseases and pollution will be more important concerns for consumers
- Overall, 40% of respondents either agree or strongly agree that there is space in FMCG market to invest in healthy or 'better-for-you' products
- Fresh and Local will be the optimum product positioning for the next five years
- Social media and video sharing websites will be the popular advertising channels for FMCG companies over the next five years
Read more here